Garmin traffic gives details about the situation, such as how many minutes of delay to expect and if there are any possible time-saving detours. It can even confirm whether or not you are on the fastest route. Lifetime traffic entitles your Garmin Drive 50 to receive free traffic information for its useful life, with no ads and no subscription fees. Garmin traffic is delivered straight to your Garmin Drive 50 - no smartphone needed.
Garmin Drive 50 redefines "spoken turn-by-turn directions" with Garmin Real Directions, easy-to-understand driving directions that guide like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights (e.g., "Turn right after the red building" or "Turn left after the QT"). It's preloaded with millions more new and popular places, thanks to Foursquare.
The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports and shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. Direct Access even navigates through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination. When navigating to the mall, Direct Access gives additional location information for specific retail stores inside. For example, "Arriving at Woodfield Mall. Anthropologie is inside, on the upper level."
Garmin Drive 50 has a search field that makes it easy to find addresses and millions of points of interest (POIs). Simply enter a category (like "pizza"), an entire address ("1234 Sycamore Lane, Anytown, USA") or a proper name ("Starbucks"), and Garmin Drive 50 quickly returns your results.
The quality of map data can make all the difference between finding your destination and getting lost. High-quality HERE map data enables your Garmin device to provide you with the information you need, when you need it most, reducing the frustrations of driving by avoiding delays and cutting down the time you spend in the car.
- Display size: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5.0" diag (12.7 cm)
- Display resolution: 480 x 272 pixels
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Water rating: No
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Battery life: up to 1 hour
- Storage and Power Capacity: microSD card (not included)
- Preloaded street maps: Yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: Yes
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- Lifetime traffic updates: Yes
- Lane assist with junction view (displays junction signs): Yes
- Garmin Drive 50LMT
- Preloaded with detailed maps either of the U.S. (lower 49 states) or U.S. and Canada
- Lifetime maps and traffic (indicated by "LMT" after model number on the box)
- Lifetime traffic antenna/vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- USB cable
- Quick start manual