The EWS310AP can operate as a stand-alone Access Point connecting to third-party PoE-capable Switches but more control and versatile management of the Access Point is achievable when it is part of an EnGenius Neutron Series wireless network management solution because the AP includes firmware that enables it to be immediately discovered, configured, monitored and managed from a compatible Neutron Series PoE+ Layer 2 Switch (EWS5912FP, EWS7928FP or EWS7952FP).
This capability enables IT managers to deploy and manage up to 50 EWS310APs from a 24- or 48-port Neutron Series Switch allowing for simplified management from one browser-based interface including simultaneous firmware upgrades, clustering, traffic monitoring, bandwidth steering and many other features that can be reset or reconfigured from the convenience of the IT manager's desktop.
Operating in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency spectrums and supporting 802.11a/b/g/n standards the EWS310AP features wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps on each radio, a Gigabit port for connecting to 802.3at/af-capable PoE Switches, and an enhanced receive sensitivity MIMO (Multiple In / Multiple Out) antenna array. As a result, the EWS310AP is ideal for spacious environments such as large homes, small and medium-sized businesses, multiple-floor offices, hotels, hospitals, and other multifloor buildings.
As the EWS310AP is designed for deployments on ceilings where power outlets may be scarce, it also comes equipped with PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) IEEE 802.3at/af for use with an 802.3at/af-capable PoE injector or 802.3at/af-capable PoE Switches, drawing up to 15.6 watts of power. Paired with other Neutron Series Access Points and Switches, the EWS310AP helps to make managing a network easier with its standardized GUI. To protect sensitive data during wireless transmissions, the EWS310AP offers different industry-standard encryption settings for wireless transmissions, including WPA, WPA2, WPA 2 AES encryption. It also includes MAC address filtering to allow network administrators to offer network access only to verified computers and devices based on their MAC addresses.
- Operating Frequency: Dual-Radio Concurrent 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Frequency Radio: 2.4GHz: 2400MHz ~ 2835MHz 5GHz: 5180MHz ~ 5240MHz, 5260 ~ 5320MHz, 5500MHz ~ 5700MHz, 5745MHz ~ 5825MHz
- Transmit Power: Up to 29 dBm on 2.4 GHz, Up to 26 dBm on 5 GHz, Max transmit power is limited by regulatory power
- Memory Capacity: Memory: 64 MB Flash Memory 16 MB
- Standard: IEEE802.11b/g/n on 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11a/n on 5 GHz, IEEE802.3at/af
- Antenna: 4 Internal MIMO antennas
- Physical Interface: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port, Reset Button, Power Connector
- LED Indicator: Power, WPS, WLAN (Wireless Connection), LAN
- Power Requirements: External Power Adapter, DC IN, 12V/2A
- Operation Modes: Access Point
- Security: WEP (64/128 bit), WPA/WPA2 (TKIP/AES), Hidden ESSID, MAC address filtering, up to 50 fields, L2 Isolation, 802.1X Authenticator (MD5/TLS/TTLS/PEAP), Guest Network
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104 DegF/0 to 40 DegC
- EWS310AP Dual-band Neutron Series solution Wireless N600 Managed Indoor Access Point
- 12 V/2A Power Adapter
- T-Rail Mounting Kit
- Ceiling and Wall Mount Screw Kit
- Mounting Bracket
- RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
- Quick Installation Guide