With the Positron GAM, high-speed Gigabit Internet Services are more stable, reducing support calls and customer churn. The GAM software extends its management capabilities to the G.hn end-point (aka G.hn to Ethernet Bridge) devices (such as the Positron G1000 or G1001) to simplify and eliminate the more complex functions of the Residential Gateway (RG). The GAM hardware enforces per-subscriber bandwidth profiles and guarantees a fair and balanced use of the backhaul link at all times for value-added services such as IPTV, streaming and telephony. Its extensive support for VLAN (including Q-in-Q) allows for seamless integration with the operator fiber services and the OSS and BSS functions already in place. The service OAM capabilities of the GAM provide real-time information to the operator about the overall grade of services without any additional cost or complexity.
With hardware-assisted synchronization to improve the efficiency of Vectoring, the GAM optimizes the bandwidth for each subscriber based on the real-time condition.
The Positron GAM is available in 24 and 12 port configurations for either coaxial cable or twisted pair with support for Single Input Single Output (SISO) mode, (1 pair per port) and Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) mode (2 pairs per port). Using MIMO instead of DSL pair bonding means that there is no need to allocate two (2) ports to serve a single subscriber, lowering costs and avoiding the complexity of pair bonding.
Deploying the GAM in an MDU / MTU
The GAM is designed to optimize coverage in an MDU / MTU over the existing wiring infrastructure to avoid the high cost of installing new fiber inside these buildings. While operation over twisted-pair wiring is always Point-to-point, operation over a coaxial cabling infrastructure can be Point-to-Multipoint using standard coax splitters. In this mode, a 24-port GAM can serve up to 384 G.hn subscribers with up to 16 subscribers per port. The GAM terminates the links with a G.hn client device such as the Positron G1000-M and G1001-M or G1000-C and G1001-C managed end-points from Positron. Compliant Residential Gateways with built-in G.hn client support or with SFP ports are also fully supported.
- 10 GigE SFP+ : 2
- G.hn Ports / Type: 24 Coax (F-type)
- Out-of-band Management Ports: 1 x 10/100/1000BaseT, 1 x serial
- Power Source: 100-240 Vac / 50~60 Hz
- Certification: CE Mark, FCC Part 15 Class A
- Operating Temperature: 0 Degrees C to 45 Degrees C
- Storage Temperature: 0 Degrees C to 45 Degrees C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% relative, non-condensing
- Point-to-point and Point-to-multipoint Support: Point-to-point (twisted pair and coax), Point-to-multipoint operation (coax) for up to 16 Subscriber CPEs per G.hn port
- Encryption: AES-128 encryption with individual keys for each end-node. The Positron GAM Master Node is also acting as the G.hn Security Controller
- Bandwidth Management: Up to 1.7 Gbps with Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation to optimize throughput based on nature of traffic flows with TDD Multiplexing for programmable upstream / downstream ratio
- Dimensions: 17.4" Width x 1.73" Height x 10.0" Depth / 442 mm W x 44 mm H x 254 mm D
- Positron GAM-24C Multiplexer